April 30, 2016

Recent Reads: March-April 2016

I'm so absolutely horribly behind my 2016 reading goal that I can't even. *shakes head*

But on a brighter side, guess who just graduated from college. Woo-hay!

(Well I still have one tiny exam in May - but that's shit - and my results probably won't come out until August, so it's not official or anything. But hey I'm finally done with Finals and everything anyway, wheeeeee!)

It's one of the biggest reasons why I haven't had much time to read (and blog, yes that too). I read 3 books in March and only 1 this month. *awkward laugh*

2016 Reading Progress = 13/70 books.

(I'll be posting detailed reviews of all the books soon.)

me before you, jojo moyes, me before you book, me before you film, me before you poster

SUMMER INTERN
Rating:
2/5

I don't quite remember when The Devil Wears Prada (film) came out. But it set outrageous expectations about working at a fashion magazine. Soon enough, hundreds of newbie authors began stealing borrowing Lauren Weisberger's idea to publish their own book. One of them is Summer Intern by Carrie Karasyov. It was awful and now I can't unread it! Believe me, that's all you need to know about this book.

THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS
Rating:
2/5

This Is Where It Ends is a YA book about a school shooting, written by Marieke Nijkamp. This was one of my most anticipated releases of 2016 and I'm so majorly disappointed right now. It could have been a brilliant story but it all fell flat. Whatever happened to complex grey characters? Why would a teen bring a gun to school and kill everyone? You can't simply paint him evil because he's the kid with a gun. What pushed him to do so? This isn't exactly a black and white world. I'm disappointed, very very disappointed.



FINDING AUDREY
Rating:
5/5

This was my first Sophie Kinsella book and ohmygoodness it was HILARIOUS! It's about a girl named Audrey who suffers from depression and social anxiety, and she ALWAYS wears dark glasses (even indoor). So the book is about Audrey's struggles and her recovery process - one baby step at a time. In one word, this book was amazing. It's cute, funny and so so relatable. I honestly think Sophie Kinsella dealt with the whole depression-anxiety issue wonderfully. It was as realistic as it could good. Yep, I'm sold!

ME BEFORE YOU
Rating:
5/5

I don't want to talk about this book (okay I kind of want to but mostly I don't because the pain is very very real, okay?). It's about a woman named Louisa who has been hired to work as a carer for Will Traynor. Beautiful, sarcastic, pain-in-the-ass, former adventurer but currently quadriplegic, Will. This book is all kinds of sad and wonderful and sweet and heartbreaking and Jojo Moyes, how can you write something so beautiful? *curls up and cries forever*

Psst.. for those who don't know, Me Before You is being turned into a film (releasing in June). Go on, watch the trailer. Cry a little. But fair warning, DO NOT listen to Photograph by Ed Sheeran while reading the book. It'll ruin you!



Obviously, my favourites were Finding Audrey and Me Before You. I'm reading Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. Ah, so good! WINK.

P.S Let's be buddies on Goodreads!

Have you read any of these books? What good books did you read this month?


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...