January 07, 2016

2016: Goals & Wishes

Happy (late) 2016, y'all.

I've seeing a lot of people choosing a "key word" to define their year. So after a lot of thinking, I've decided to jump onto the bandwagon too.



I've chosen "EXPLORE" and "CAREER" as my words of the year. I know I'm supposed to pick ONE "action word" but I couldn't decide which was more important. (It may or may not because I'm a Libra and Librans can't simply choose any one.)

This year, I want to focus on my career as much as I want to explore what life has to offer this year. I want to explore new opportunities and take some risks to shape the career I always wanted. I want to be fearless and take up responsibilities and make grown up decisions, and basically learn to adult! But I also want to make the best out of 2016.

And so, presenting: Dyuti and 2016 goals.

Graduate college.

I'm graduating this Spring, and I really hope I have an average total 75%. But I'm SO excited.

Apply for my Master's degree (and get accepted)

I always wanted to go to journalism school (for my Master's / Post-Grad degree) after I graduate college. My 3 dream schools are in Delhi (IIMC), Chennai (ACJ) and Mumbai (XIC). But their entrance exams are almost impossible to crack. Obviously, I have to work my butt off to get in, but the thought of rejection is scaring me to death!

Intern at a newspaper.

I interned at The Asian Age in December, and it was amazing. This year, I'm hoping to score another newspaper internship (or two, if I'm lucky).

Dabble in freelance writing.

Have I done this before? No. Do I know how this works? No. Do I know where to begin? Nope. Am I aware that beginners are paid shit? Obviously. But I'll figure this out anyway (and make it work). I will. Also, I need ze moolah to (partially) manage my expense if I move to another city for my Master's degree this year.

Be a better blogger.

I'm hoping to up my blogging game this year (and not suck as much as I did in 2015). I'm creating a editorial calendar that I want to stick to as best as I can.

Increase my social media followers.

AKA I want to meet more new people, and make some valuable connections. I'm hoping to reach 1000 Twitter followers and 1000 Instagram followers by the end of this year. Although I've seriously neglected my Bloglovin in the past, I'm aiming for 200 followers anyway (that's not much but hey, baby steps). Also, maybe focus on my Facebook Page which I NEVER use.

Read 70 books.

So what if I didn't hit my reading goal last year (51/60 books)? I'm all set to read 70 books and crush my forever growing TBR pile. In addition to my own goal, I'm also doing the PopSugar Reading Challenge 2016 and Book Riot Read Harder Challenge 2016. I'm challenging myself to get out of my comfort-zone and read other genres I otherwise wouldn't.

Start a bookish (art) journal.

This has been on my to-do list for a long time, but I was never brave enough to attempt it. So I've decided to start a 2016 bookish journal instead to doodle my recent reads, illustrate my favourite quotes, characters, scenes + more.

Vlog.

I really hate being in front of the camera (even for photos). I had planned to make a Q/A vlog last year, but I chickened out in the end. Ergo, I solemnly swear on Harry Potter that I WILL make a vlog this year.

Travel.

Travelling is one of my top goals this year. Since I'm graduating college this year (and *hopefully* move to a new city for my post-grad studies), I want to make use of my spare time and holidays to go out and explore as much as I can. I might not get enough time off from my college to plan big trips, but short getaways and even day-trips are SUPER-HIGH on my to-do list this year.

What are some of your 2016 goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...