February 16, 2015

The Harry Potter Tag


That my friend, is my old battered hand-me-down copy of Goblet of Fire. It is also the only Harry Potter book I own. It used to be my Mamu's (maternal uncle) until he gave it to when I was maybe 13 years old. The book has been with me ever since. I probably started reading Harry Potter when I was around 10. Believe me when I tell you, I was convinced that I would receive a letter from Hogwarts! I usually borrowed the books from my friends or the school library. But sadly, I never got a chance read the last book. I read it long after Deathly Hallows (film) released.



Anyway, I started re-reading the entire Harry Potter series in one go from January and I just completed a few days ago. I cannot believe how much I missed reading it. So right after I finished the series, I went online and started reading all the fandom stuffs and I decided to do the Harry Potter tag on my blog too. So here we are. Ta-da!

P.S As you can see in the photo above, I have terribly screwed up my Deathly Hallows bookmark. Don't mind that!


1. What is your favourite book?

Picking my favourite book is so unfair. But umm, I guess it's a tie between Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows. I love how the plot becomes dark and twisted and complicated. It's almost funny how much the characters grew up between these 2 books.


2. What is your favourite film?

I wouldn't think twice before answering this: Deathly Hallows: Part II. Yes, there might have been some major changes. But it's probably my favourite of all Harry Potter films.


3. What is your least favourite book?

I don't think I have any least favourite book. But if I had to pick one, I'd say Prisoner of Azkaban. I don't know, the book is nearly not as exciting as the rest.


4. What is your least favourite film?

Ah, my least favourite film would be Deathly Hallows: Part I. I found it too slow and boring. Besides, they didn't include SO MANY important scenes. Remember the part where Dudley thanks Harry for saving him from Dementors? Or when Lupin asks Harry to be the godfather. I can't believe they didn't include the scenes.


5. Parts of the books/films that made you cry?

Oh God, there are so many scenes that made me cry. But for now, I'll stick to a few-
  • BOOK+FILM: Severus Snape's memory.
  • All the deaths: Sirius, Fred, Dobby, Dumbledore, Lupin, Tonks, Snape. Even Hedwig.
  • BOOK 5: When Harry, Ron and Hermione bump into Neville and his grandmother at St. Mungo's, Neville shies away from telling them about his parents. So his grandmother says, "You should be proud, Neville, proud! They didn't give their health and their sanity so their only son would be ashamed of them, you know!" 
  • BOOK 5: When Alice Longbottom gives Neville a gum wrapper, he safely tucks it away in his pockets instead of throwing it.
  • BOOK 6: The part where Harry says, if he dies he would take a few Death Eaters and even Voldemort with him. So Dumbledore replies, "Spoken both like your mother and father’s son and Sirius’s true godson!"
  • BOOK 6: When Fleur says to Mrs.Weasley that she doesn't care how Bill looks (after getting bit) because all the scars prove what a brave person Bill is.
      • BOOK 7: The part where Lupin asks Harry to be his son's godfather.
      • BOOK 7: The part where Harry goes all "You shouldn't have done that!" and uses "crucio" on Amycus Carrow when he spits on Professor Mcgonagall.
      • Neville Longbottom's speech towards the end of Deathly Hallows: Part II.


        6. If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?

        Why would I... oh whatever. Let me think.. erm, can I pick one of the Weasley twins? I could do with a good laugh.Or or, oh yes... Draco Malfoy.


        7. Who is your favourite character?

        Because I have too many favourites, I'll break it into my favourite male and female characters.

        FAVOURITE MALE CHARACTER: Severus Snape. The fact that Snape was always a good man despite his every mistake makes me love him even more. Also, Neville Longbottom. I love how he transformed from this timid, shy person to a really bold and fearless boy ready to fight.


        FAVOURITE FEMALE CHARACTER: Minerva Mcgonagall. Oh.My.God. She is hands-down a badass woman. I'd kill to have a professor like her. Love love love her!


        8. Who is your least favourite character?

        Is that even a question? Dolores Umbridge, ofcourse. That woman is such a pain in the bum. Annoying little git, she is.


        9. What is your favourite quote?

        Apart from the obvious "Always" conversation between Dumbledore and Snape, one quote that gets me everytime is Neville's speech in Deathly Hallows: Part 2. I know it wasn't in the book but it's still one of my all-time favourite quotes.

        "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die every day. Friends, family. Yeah, we still lost Harry tonight. He's still with us, in here *touches heart*. So's Fred, Remus, Tonks... they didn't die in vain. But YOU will. 'Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!"


        10. What is your least favourite quote?

        Well erm... there are quite a few. Thank you, Draco!

        "You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team? It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money – you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains."


        11. What would your Patronus be?

        I honestly have no clue. But I've taken a few online tests (don't roll your eyes) and most of them tells me it could be a wolf. But I honestly want it to be an unicorn.


        12. What would your Boggart be?

        A giant, hungry T-Rex is pretty scary.


        13. What would you rather have - the elder wand, the resurrection stone or the invisibility cloak?

        The cloak of invisibility, duh. I'd have a hell of a time scaring people off and sneaking into confectioneries and no-entry zones. Ha!


        14. Which house would you be in?

        Ah, Gryffindor: "where dwell the brave at heart". Or maybe in Hufflepuff. Or Slytherin!


        15. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?

        As much as I'd love to be a Seeker, I'd make a terrible one (thanks to my short-sightedness). I don't think I'll be able to score goals or beat hit those bludgers either. I'd rather guard the hoops. So, I'll go for Keeper.


        16. Which class would be your favourite?

        I'd happily sign up for Defence Against the Dark Arts with Lupin and Mad-Eye Moody. And Charms.


        17. If you could bring one character back to life, who would it be?

        This is such a tough choice. I can't decide between Fred Weasley and Sirius Black. But but... *thinks hard* nah, I'd bring back Sirius. He was the only closest thing to a proper family Harry had left, and it's cruel to have taken it away from it. They deserved much more time together!


        18. What would your job be in the magical world?

        I'd love to be a professional Quidditch player or maybe a Hit Witch (members of the Magical Law Enforcement Squad). You know, the witches (or wizards) who catch dangerous criminals. Or perhaps an Obliviator.


        19. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?

        Alan Rickman. Honestly, I cannot think of anyone who could have played Severus Snape any better. Besides, his voice is so.... ooohhh.

        20. Were you happy with the ending?

        All was not well, if that's what you mean. I wasn’t particularly delighted, but I wasn’t very disappointed either. For a series that started off on such a high note, I guess I was wishing for some kind of a miracle.

        21. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?

        E V E R Y T H I N G. I literally grew up reading and obsessing and fantasizing about Harry Potter. Like I said, I was thoroughly convinced I would receive my Hogwarts letter sometime soon. I wouldn’t believe in magic if it wasn’t for Harry Potter. I cried for days when the last book came out. It was like, someone stabbed me in the face. I couldn't believe it was over!

        Harry Potter was a wonderful roller-coaster ride and never in a million years would I trade its memories for anything. That's how much Harry Potter means to me.


        Why don't you share your answers in the comments below? If you’ve written a similar post, leave your links too.


        No comments:

        Post a Comment

        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...